4 Easy Steps To Tasty Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Carving a Jack-O-Lantern is fun, but what can you do with the scrapings?
Make roasted pumpkin seeds of course!
Roasting pumpkin seeds is easy, takes under an hour, and you can flavor them to your own taste. Just follow these 4 easy steps after you've "gutted" the pumpkin.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Separate the seeds from the pulp, rinse in a colander under cold water and shake dry. (The seeds will be sticky, so don't try to use a towel)
- Spread the seeds in a single layer on an oiled baking sheet and roast 30 minutes to dry them out.
- Toss the seeds with olive oil, salt and your choice of spices, put them back in the oven and bake until crisp and golden, usually about 20 more minutes.
- Use cinnamon and sugar (don't add the salt in step 4) for a sweet taste
- Indian more your style? Toss with garam masala; mix with currants after roasting.
- How about a Spanish twist? Toss with smoked paprika; mix with slivered almonds after roasting.
- Want to go Italian? Toss with grated Parmesan and dried oregano.
- Maybe Barbecue hits the spot - toss with brown sugar, chipotle chile powder and ground cumin.